Sinopec's future development, creating a "different" smart factory
The level of industrialization of China's petrochemical industry has already ranked among the top in the world in terms of scale, but the status quo of China's petrochemical industry is big but not strong. Sinopec is one of the largest state-owned enterprises in China's petrochemical industry. How to meet the competition and challenges through digital transformation, see Li Defang, the director of Sinopec Information Management Department and the chairman of Petrochemical Yingke.
After decades of development, the scale, output and capacity of China's petrochemical industry have been greatly improved - chemical production ranks first in the world, refining capacity ranks second in the world, and reached 770 million tons in 2017. At the same time, it also has 6 major refining core technologies such as catalytic cracking and hydrocracking, and 5 sets of complete technologies such as 10 million tons of refining and millions of tons of ethylene and aromatics. It can be said that the level of industrialization of the Chinese petrochemical industry has already ranked among the top in the world in terms of scale.
However, China's petrochemical industry is still large but not strong, big and not excellent, mainly the industrial layout is not reasonable, more scattered; refinery operating rate is only 72%, overcapacity; the proportion of general products is high, high-end products Insufficient self-sufficiency rate; high energy consumption and material consumption, high pressure on safety and environmental protection, and high production costs.
In addition to the pressures faced by these traditional industries themselves, especially the new round of ICT revolution, energy revolution and electric vehicle revolution have brought severe challenges to the development of China's petrochemical industry. The development of electric vehicles is eye-catching. China's electric vehicle ownership is rising. Facing the sudden emergence of new energy vehicles, has traditional petrochemical enterprises fallen into a development crisis? In addition, the petrochemical industry is also in urgent need of achieving an essential improvement in terms of safety and environmental protection. These changes remind the petrochemical industry and the vast majority of traditional enterprises in the entire energy industry. They must have advanced strategic thinking when formulating future development plans.
China Petrochemical Corporation (referred to as Sinopec) is one of the largest state-owned enterprise groups in China's petrochemical industry, ranking No. 3 among the Fortune Global 500 companies in 2017. As a traditional enterprise, Sinopec also faces the above challenges in the process of transformation and development. How to deal with it must cause enterprises to attach great importance to and think deeply.
Sinopec's road to intelligent manufacturing
For Sinopec, smart manufacturing is the only way to promote the development of China's petrochemical industry in the direction of high efficiency and greening. The process industry represented by the petrochemical industry has the following remarkable features: there are complex physical and chemical processes; the production process is highly coupled, it is difficult to establish mathematical models, and it is difficult to achieve digitalization; the raw materials are complex, the production conditions are relatively large, and so on. There are more challenges in the process of intelligent manufacturing.
The intelligent manufacturing model for discrete industries represented by Germany's “Industry 4.0” is not completely applicable to the process industry. To achieve high efficiency and greenness of the process industry, it is necessary to independently innovate and explore intelligent manufacturing models suitable for the characteristics of China's process industry. To this end, Sinopec Corp. is based on its petrochemical Yingke Group. Some universities in the United Nations, as well as leading ICT companies such as Huawei and Accenture, have launched independent research and development to build their own industrial IoT platform and intelligent manufacturing platform.
Sinopec has carried out long-term exploration and practice in the field of intelligent manufacturing, and its construction process can be divided into three major stages:
● From 2003 to 2011, the construction and promotion phase of the MES system (production execution system). The self-developed MES system is fully covered by Sinopec's refining and chemical enterprises, and is extended to large enterprises such as Shenhua and China Coal. It has played a significant role in improving the production and control level of these traditional enterprises, and is the digitization and networking of the petrochemical industry. Intelligentization has laid a certain foundation;
● 2012-2015, smart factory planning and pilot phase. Completed the overall planning and design of the smart factory, and carried out pilot projects in four subordinate enterprises: Yanshan Petrochemical, Zhenhai Refining, Maoming Petrochemical and Jiujiang Petrochemical, and built the petrochemical “Smart Factory 1.0” version, which formed relevant theories, solutions and core software products. In 2015, Jiujiang Petrochemical was also established as a pilot demonstration of intelligent manufacturing by the state;
● From 2016 to the present, the smart factory upgrade and ProMACE petrochemical Zhiyun construction stage. Launched “Smart Factory 2.0” construction, cooperated with Huawei to build ProMACE 2.0, Zhenhai Refining & Chemical and Maoming Petrochemical were established as pilot demonstrations of smart manufacturing in 2016 and 2017 respectively; in addition, in 2016 and 2017 For the second consecutive year, it has undertaken the national smart factory standard formulation. In 2017, Petrochemical Yingke was also selected as the “first recommended catalogue of smart manufacturing system solution providers”.
The construction of smart factories has also enabled Sinopec to continuously improve the level of digitization, networking and intelligence, effectively promoted the transformation and upgrading of enterprises, improved quality and efficiency, and achieved a series of remarkable results - the average productivity of the entire company has increased by 10 Above 100%, the automatic collection rate of production data reaches over 95%, and 100% real-time monitoring and analysis and early warning are implemented for key environmental emission points. The performance of the ethylene plant of Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co., Ltd., which is affiliated to the company, entered the first group in the world. The profit for the third consecutive year from 2015 to 2017 exceeded 10 billion; the labor productivity of Maoming Petrochemical in 2016 nearly doubled compared with 2013, and the profit in 2017 exceeded the first time in 2017. Billion yuan; Jiujiang Petrochemical turned losses into profit in 2015, with a profit of over 1.6 billion in 2017, which ranks among the best in the same scale.
In the process of building “Smart Factory 1.0”, especially the subsequent upgrade to “Smart Factory 2.0”, the application of ProMACE smart factory solution has brought important changes to all aspects of Sinopec:
● Production operations are coordinated. It has taken the lead in building an industrial 4G wireless network in refining and chemical enterprises, realizing intelligent inspection and internal and external operation coordination, improving on-site disposal efficiency, operating stability rate increased by 5.3%, and operation qualification rate increased from 90.7% to 99%;
● Alarms and warnings based on big data. Using the historical data analysis of the catalytic device and the alarm law of the excavating device, the knowledge base is formed and an early warning model is established, and the critical alarm is advanced by 1 to 2 minutes in advance, so that the operator can take timely measures to avoid the production risk and gain valuable time;
● Plan and schedule collaborative optimization. Comprehensive utilization of mechanism modeling technology and optimization algorithm, through the coordinated optimization of planning, scheduling and operation, the maximum benefit of the whole process of production is realized, and the annual comprehensive efficiency of the pilot enterprises is more than 1 billion yuan;
● Daily benefit analysis optimization. The deep learning algorithm is used to realize the intelligent scheduling and dynamic optimization of production, and the enterprise changes from monthly benefit analysis to daily benefit analysis;
● Digital material warehouse. The pilot enterprises applied the Internet of Things technology to realize real-time inventory and intelligent distribution of inventory materials, which improved the efficiency of material management, and reduced the annual inventory consumption by more than 50 million yuan;
● Fully automatic warehouse. Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co., Ltd. built the first ultra-large, fully automatic and unmanned polypropylene three-dimensional warehouse in the domestic petrochemical industry with domestic technology to realize the automatic management of solid product packaging and warehouse operations and unmanned loading and unloading;
● 3D digital factory. Based on the digital delivery of engineering design, the 3D digital factory will be built to realize personnel training, equipment lifting simulation, engineering quantity estimation, equipment fault location and emergency drills;
● Equipment health and reliability management. Utilize big data analysis technology to evaluate equipment operation status and intelligent diagnosis, realize equipment pre-knowledge maintenance, and reduce unplanned shutdown;
● Energy management throughout the process. Realizing the supply, production, transfer, transportation and consumption of energy management, supporting the construction of the energy management center;
● Energy flow online optimization. The optimization model of steam power production and transmission in the whole plant has been built, and the operation of boilers, steam turbines and heat exchangers has been optimized, and energy conservation, emission reduction, cost reduction and efficiency improvement have been promoted. The annual energy saving cost of enterprises is more than 7 million yuan;
● Emergency command and coordination integration. The emergency response and quick response of the alarm, the alarm and the police are realized, and the scope of the event spread is calculated according to the models such as explosion, leakage and fire, and the on-site rescue is guided;
● Environmental protection online control. Real-time monitoring of pollutant emissions (COD, ammonia nitrogen, sulfur dioxide, VOCs), abnormal alarms and information push through “environmental map”.
Create a "different" smart factory
After the completion of “Smart Factory 1.0”, why should Sinopec continue to build ProMACE Petrochemical Zhiyun? The pilot construction of Sinopec's smart factory started in 2012, when it adopted the traditional information system architecture. With the launch of “Smart Factory 2.0” in 2016, the development of new technologies and changes in business needs, the ideas, approaches, methods and technologies of our construction systems need to be adjusted.
In accordance with the requirements of the "Made in China 2025" national strategy, aiming at the digital, networked and intelligent modern factory, we propose a "platform + data + service" construction model, and strive to create a "different" smart factory, and In 2016, Huawei jointly launched ProMACE Petrochemical Zhiyun.
This is not only the need for Sinopec's intelligent manufacturing itself, but also the requirement to support the entire process industry and provide services for the entire industry. At the same time, ProMACE Petrochemical will take the smart factory as the core, intelligent logistics and intelligent services as the link, integrate with the smart park and smart city, form a new mode and new business mode of deep integration of traditional industry and information technology, and lead the industry development. direction.
As the main supporting platform for Sinopec's future intelligent manufacturing development, ProMACE has the following five core elements:
● First, the safe and controllable industrial Internet of Things: through the comprehensive perception and interconnection to form a ubiquitous industrial IoT environment to realize the perception, identification and control of materials, products, equipment, environment and personnel;
● Second, open and intelligent process industrial cloud platform (Industrial PaaS): Cloud platform is an intelligent manufacturing industrial operating system, providing five core capabilities of centralized integration, real-time computing, intelligent analysis, Internet of Things access and two/three-dimensional visualization;
● Third, industrial applications incorporating best practices: for the process industry, providing industrial-grade core applications that incorporate best practices in production control, safety, environmental protection, equipment and energy;
● Fourth, expert services based on industry experience: through the industry's academicians, design masters, equipment experts and process experts, to provide customers with equipment remote diagnosis, refining process guidance and safety and environmental consulting and other special services;
● Fifth, standards and security systems: the guarantee of ProMACE operation.
It can be said that ProMACE Petrochemical Zhiyun is the concrete realization of the physical information system (CPS) in the petrochemical industry smart factory, and is also the concrete realization of the process industry CPS, carrying our model description of the physical factory. From the perspective of process industry, there are three main dimensions: one is the description of the factory assets, characterized by the factory model, three-dimensional model, etc.; the second is the description of the process, characterized by the mechanism model; the third is the convergence of various types of data. Form a big data model and gain self-learning capabilities as data updates. Using the model and data in ProMACE, combined with optimization and control, the interaction between the computing process and the physical process is realized, and the CPS of the process industry is created. Supported the three main lines of production control, supply chain management and asset lifecycle management, and formed a new generation production operation mode.